Erectile Dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for intercourse.
Having erection trouble from time to time isn’t necessarily a cause for concern. If erectile dysfunction is an ongoing issue, however, it can cause stress, affect your self-confidence and contribute to relationship problems. Problems getting or keeping an erection can also be a sign of an underlying health condition that needs treatment and a risk factor for heart disease.
Erectile dysfunction symptoms might include:
- Trouble getting an erection
- Trouble keeping an erection
- Reduced sexual desire
- Concerns about your erections or you’re experiencing other sexual problems such as premature or delayed ejaculation
- You may have diabetes, heart disease or another known health condition that might be linked to erectile dysfunction
- You have other symptoms along with erectile dysfunction